Follicular lymphoma. Long-term survival strategies. Natural regression. Epigenetics research. Lifestyle. Treatment when/if needed. A worldwide community.
Overcoming Follicular Lymphoma
The good news is that follicular lymphoma CAN be beaten. YES, it IS possible to put it behind you, enabling you to go on to lead a fully active, healthy life. Never lose sight of that vision. As of 2014, things HAVE changed for the better.
But, as one would expect, a successful long-term outcome won’t be achieved by limiting one’s approach to past procedures alone.
New research into genetics is the breakthrough making a huge difference.
It’s now clear that carefully chosen lifestyle practices can serve to correct faulty gene expression driving the follicular lymphoma process.
This gene remediation process applies both before and even after conventional treatment.
Take heart…for the first time ever, proactive follicular lymphoma survivors can take an active role in helping themselves overcome this disorder that until now has been regarded as “incurable”.
Being directly involved in one’s own personal recovery can provide a special kind of “hope” never before possible. And it’s not just about “remission”…it’s about ultimate resolution.
We have the plan, the team and over 25 years experience. And we’re ready to put it all to work for you toward achieving success in overcoming follicular lymphoma.
This site, established for 15 years, is dedicated to proactive follicular lymphoma survivors seeking results beyond the norm.
Survivors never need to feel powerless or alone. As lymphoma patients ourselves, we understand.
Content on the site has been developed by a “retired” college dean, a fellow follicular lymphoma survivor diagnosed over 26 years ago, currently well and active, the lymphoma now completely resolved.
* the latest research summarized in our newsletters, updated monthly, all in one place
* guidance on the most effective conventional treatments when and if needed
* a time-tested plan of lifestyle strategies, based on the latest scientific research, designed to resolve follicular lymphoma
* prompt personal support
For certain, despite good doctors, there will be times when a follicular lymphoma survivor will face uncertainties. We don’t provide personalized medical advice, but we can usually offer “forward guidance” of a general nature, ensuring that the survivor is aware of options for discussion with his or her chosen medical professionals.
This site is supported 100% by membership contributions. No one is denied. A complimentary article, “Overview of Follicular Lymphoma” is provided.
To register for membership now, please click on Registration
The October 2014 Newsletter has been posted to the site with the following topics:
Photo by Svet: “Autumn Gold…Images Never Forgotten”
1. The REAL Breakthrough is Here Now — But Will it Gain Traction?
2. Feeling Tired? Lymphocytes? Hemoglobin?
3. The Sugar Cancer Connection. What’s True? What to Do?
4. Maintenance Rituximab…No Benefit Compared to Re-Treatment (Latest Study Results)
5. The Dilemma Faced by the New Genetic-Based Drugs
6. Doctors Using Chlorambucil to Treat Follicular Lymphoma (Update)
7. A Beer to Calm mTOR? Mmm …Anti-Aging Too?
To learn more about this site and how it can help you, please read the following:
What Will Be Gained From This Site?
* “Life is not over” if you get follicular lymphoma. The prognosis is better than many first think. Most people have had it unknowingly for many years. Living a long, full, active life unaffected by follicular lymphoma IS possible. Please see What the Members Say page.
* Especially for newly diagnosed patients with follicular lymphoma, an understanding of the complexity of this disorder is essential. See our detailed sample article
["I requested your free article before I signed up. It has been the most beneficial information I can find. I cannot tell you how thankful I am that you have taken the time to research and to actually make this information available to other people with lymphoma"...Sandy]
* Follicular lymphoma, regarded as incurable, can be beaten. But the required plan of action is challenging. We have the details here, available nowhere else. The complete program includes:
* balanced, objective information about follicular lymphoma; logically ordered, easy to understand for those recently diagnosed.
* data on the latest, most effective conventional treatments for follicular lymphoma.
* the latest, most credible, scientifically-based targeted natural strategies especially designed for follicular lymphoma patients.
* an action plan (which we refer to as the Four Pillars) implementing the latest research…doable, effective, pulling it all together to achieve optimal results.
As Patients, Who Are We?
Follicular lymphoma patients are NOT TYPICAL cancer patients. That’s because follicular lymphoma is not a typical malignancy. It *demands* special understanding and management for optimal long-term success.
Therefore, we need excellent/experienced lymphoma doctors who take a *long-term perspective* toward keeping us healthy, AND we need to know what we can do to help ourselves attain and stay in the “thrive zone” for many years. In short…we need BOTH.
Is it REALLY Possible for a Follicular Lymphoma Patient to Help Him or Herself?
Yes, it sure is.
Most follicular lymphoma patients sense that cancer is somehow connected to gene malfunction. And that’s correct. Genes regulate everything.
But most follicular lymphoma patients are incorrect in assuming that there’s not much that can be done about changing the way their genes interact with each other.
Here we describe how select lifestyle strategies can alter and correct gene expression through what is known as epigenetics. This remarkable new approach, that follicular lymphoma patients can proceed with on their own, is based on the latest scientific data from the leading research institutions. As of 2014, epigenetics is one of the most active areas in follicular lymphoma research.
Genetic profiling along with epigenetics makes *resolution* of follicular lymphoma a distinct long-term possibility.
About This Site and Its Community of Members Worldwide
* This service established for 15 years, is the most prominent survivor-managed website in the world devoted exclusively to follicular lymphoma.
* Our coverage on follicular lymphoma is extensive and up-to-date as can be seen by clicking on our Topic Index tab.
* We support a “conservative” approach to managing incurable follicular lymphoma for patients who do not require treatment. We refer to this as dynamic observation, at which time the patient applies the latest scientifically-based natural strategies to hold the lymphoma in check, and in many cases, reverse it.
* We do not provide medical advice. Instead, we help with “forward guidance” to assist members when consulting with their doctors.
* Numerous expressions of satisfaction and gratitude are received, a few of which are listed in What the Members Say.
* The site is committed to “balanced objectivity”. There is no advertising on the site, nor are there products to sell. It is supported 100% by its membership.
* There are several doctors in the group both as patients and caregivers. People come from all walks of life, with a variety of backgrounds.
* Members may wish to gain encouragement and information from those with personal experience on our discussion board.
–> Access is provided to a virtual library of detailed information about follicular lymphoma in our newsletter archive compiled over 10 years. This archive has over 2000 pages covering every “must know” topic for follicular lymphoma patients and their caregivers. For a preview, click on the Topic Index tab on the left.
–> The “signature” article on our site is Follicular Lymphoma: Natural Strategies for Long-Term Survival…A Four Pillar Approach (This article, updated to May 2014, contains the *action plan*…a must read).
–> It is critically important for all follicular patients and their caregivers to understand the nature of this confusing disorder. The article, Overview of Follicular Lymphoma, provides this knowledge, step by step, all in one place.
–> The article Transformation is a comprehensive overview of this critical event that must be understood in planning for long-term survival with follicular lymphoma.
–> The articles Optimizing Chemotherapy and Dietary and Lifestyle Strategies During and After Chemotherapy are a “must read” for those in or contemplating treatment for follicular lymphoma.
–> The article MUST KNOW…Getting Cancer Cells to Die on Their Own is a fascinating summary of recent research offering follicular lymphoma patients a plan of action for personal involvement in their own success…real hope as never before.
–> The article My Personal History concludes the series by describing my history with follicular lymphoma.
–> Our Discussion Board just for members is a special feature of the site, in which several members actively share their knowledge and support. See instructions for use at the bottom of this page.
Can I Help?
My name is Robert G. Miller Please see About Me
For information on our phone consultation service click on
How This Site Can Help You
Upon becoming a member, information and guidance about follicular lymphoma will be provided in a friendly, supportive, and balanced manner.
The complete membership package, available nowhere else, consists of six items:
1.The basic articles
2. Monthly newsletters
3. Regular updates and new articles containing the latest research on follicular lymphoma
4. Phone consultation (for individualized guidance)
5. Email guidance (if requested)
6. An exclusive Discussion Board just for members
Happy, Healthy and Ready to Help,
Robert G. Miller
October 24, 2014
Strive >> Survive >> Thrive
There is Life After Lymphoma…Lots of It
Integrative medicine emphasizes the combination of both conventional treatments and scientifically-based natural approaches to address the biological, psychological, social and spiritual aspects of health and illness. In addition, this website emphasizes respect for the human capacity for healing and the importance of the relationship between the practitioner and the patient.
This website is intended as a sharing of information and data based on the research and personal experiences of the author. It is NOT intended to replace or be a substitute for professional consultation with a physician or other health care provider. For treatment decisions, consult your doctor or health care provider. The author cannot be held responsible for any adverse effects, results or consequences resulting from the use or application of the information on any page of this site.